- Regulates the installation, operation and maintenance of radio stations both for private and public use (Act No. 3846, as amended).
- Regulates and supervises the provision of public telecommunications services (RA 7925, CA146, as amended).
- Manages the radio spectrum (Act No. 3846, as amended and RA7925).
- Regulates and supervises radio and television broadcast stations, cable television (CATV) and pay television (EO546 and EO205).
- Issue licenses and permits for the operations of radio stations and other telecommunication services.
- Enforce and implement, though inspection and field investigation, telecommunications laws, rules and regulations governing the installation and operation of all radio communication stations and all telecommunications services including radio and television broadcasting system including cable televisions.
- Monitor the operation of all radio stations to determine compliance with existing radio laws and regulations and the terms and conditions of their licenses and permits.
- Conduct monitor surveillance of radio frequency spectrum to detect and locate illegally operated stations or those causing harmful interferences and to guard against unlawful transmission and illegally operating practices.
- Attend to the collection, consolidation and updating of statistical data and other related information on telecommunication services or stations, including operational statistics within the region for presentation and submission to the Commission.
- Undertake study on telecommunication service requirements of the regional area and submit recommendation to the Commission.
- Maintain liaison and coordination work with regional offices or units of other government agencies existing within the area including the offices or units of local government.
- Administer oaths on matters generally involving the official business of the regional office.
- Represent the Commission in conferences or meetings whenever necessary that may be called or held within the region.
- Coordinate enforcement activities with the intelligence unit, military and other police agencies for the effective implementation of telecommunication laws and regulations regarding stations or services whose operations affect the security of the state.
- Hear administrative cases filed before the Regional Office specifically, cases relating to violations of existing regulations enforced by the Commission. It also provides legal advises to the Regional Office.
Among the core functions of NTC-NCR are as follows: